The Commonwealth Foundation’s vision is that Pennsylvania once again writes a new chapter in America’s story by ensuring all people have equal opportunity to pursue their dreams and earn success.
Our mission: The Commonwealth Foundation transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
As a result of CF’s exponential growth over the past decade, we now seek a Director of Operations to help keep critical functions of the organization running smoothly. The Director of Operations will manage an Operations Coordinator and Hospitality Coordinator. The Director will report to the Vice President & COO.
The position can be based in our Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, or Philadelphia offices or may work virtually from another location in Pennsylvania.
- Oversee staff training, staff hiring, staff development, and performance reviews
- Lead hiring process, including crafting of job postings, and working with hiring manager and talent recruitment firms
- Manage employee benefits; make decisions and recommendations about benefits and benefit policies; and serve as employee contact for benefits questions
- Manage payroll vendor and oversee biweekly payroll and retirement contributions
- Manage insurance and benefits vendors, work with brokers for any claims and other inquiries
- Supervise and mentor Operations Coordinator and Hospitality Coordinator, providing guidance as needed in day-to-day office operations and supporting their professional growth; oversee the intern selection process
- Support COO on key compliance responsibilities and deliverables
- Manage and refine operational processes, working with staff and contractors
- Write and negotiate contracts with independent contractors
- Secure proposals from vendors, including financial services and support services
- Develop formal organization and board policies
- Oversee office space decisions and planning, including facilities in Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia
- Oversee invoices and bill processing
- 5+ years of related experience
- Significant experience in operations and/or human resources
- Strong philosophical alignment with CF
- Ability to work with sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working with outside vendors
- Bachelor’s degree and/or other relevant training desired
- Monthly stipend for health care, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology
- Matching SIMPLE IRA plan
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position/CF’s mission and salary requirements
PDF applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions about the opening can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.