Reason Foundation is a non-profit think tank dedicated to advancing the principles of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets. We are seeking a motivated and talented Development Manager to join our team and help support our mission through effective fundraising strategies. If you are passionate about advancing the cause of liberty and have 2-3 years of experience in fundraising, we encourage you to apply.
As a key member of our development team, you will be responsible for managing Reason’s core donor portfolio (<$1000). This includes growing the portfolio through direct mail and email prospecting, increasing giving through upgrade strategies, and conducting research to identify potential high-dollar donors. This is a full-time, virtual office position.
Direct Mail and Email Prospecting
- Develop and execute effective direct mail and email fundraising campaigns to acquire new donors
- Develop strategies to reach Reason’s online and print readers and newsletter subscribers
- Monitor and analyze the performance of fundraising campaigns, making data-driven adjustments to improve results
- Maximize performance of the <$1000 portfolio through regular, segmented, solicitations and upgrade strategies
- Develop personalized stewardship plans to enhance donor retention and upgrade potential
- Monitor and track progress toward fundraising goals and provide regular reports
- Conduct research to identify potential donors with significant upgrade potential
- Prepare detailed donor profiles and segmentation strategies to tailor fundraising efforts
- At least 2-3 years of experience in fundraising or donor relations, with a proven track record of success
- Proficiency in donor research tools and fundraising software (Salesforce, Wealth Engine)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for the mission of Reason Foundation
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position and qualifications, alignment with the mission of Reason, and salary requirements
- Writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.