About Leadership Institute
The Leadership Institute creates strong conservative leaders for America, helps them gain positions of influence, and teaches them how to use their positions of leadership to keep America grounded in our founding principles. Led by the legendary Morton C. Blackwell, since 1979 the Leadership Institute has trained more than 250,000 conservatives how to defend freedom in America and across the globe.
About the Position
Leadership Institute seeks a talented and experienced Website Manager to join our Technology and Operations team. As the Website Manager, you will play a critical role in overseeing the branding, messaging, and protocols of our organization’s website. You will be responsible for managing a Content Management System (CMS) with multiple webpage owners, ensuring consistent quality, and enforcing established protocols, working with the branding and marketing team to do so. Additionally, you will assist with the launch of a new website and CMS, and provide support to the organization in learning and adapting to the new system.
The Website Manager will ideally be based at the Leadership Institute’s headquarters in Arlington, VA, but exceptional candidates who wish to work virtually will also be considered.
- Website Management and Oversight
- Manage and maintain our organization’s website, ensuring its functionality, performance, and overall user experience
- Perform basic enhancements to the website’s functionality using WordPress
- Oversee the branding and messaging on the website, ensuring consistency and alignment with the organization’s objectives and standards
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather requirements, develop strategies, and implement changes or updates to the website
- Monitor and analyze website performance metrics, such as traffic, engagement, and conversion rates, and make data-driven recommendations for improvement
- CMS Administration and Support
- Manage the CMS platform, including user access, permissions, and content workflows
- Train and support webpage owners in using the CMS effectively, ensuring adherence to established protocols and guidelines
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for CMS-related issues, and escalate problems as necessary to the appropriate teams or vendors
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in CMS technologies, and recommend enhancements or upgrades to improve website management efficiency
- New Website and CMS Launch
- Assist in the implementation and launch of a new website and CMS, coordinating with internal teams and external vendors
- Develop project plans, set milestones, and manage timelines to ensure a smooth and timely website launch
- Conduct thorough testing and quality assurance processes to identify and resolve any issues or bugs prior to the launch
- Conduct training sessions to familiarize users with the new CMS and website features
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data, marketing, design, development, and content creators, to align website strategies with organizational goals
- Communicate effectively with web page owners to provide guidance, collect feedback, and enforce protocols and guidelines
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment, encouraging knowledge sharing and continuous improvement among team members
- 1+ years of experience in website management, communications, and/or CRM programs
- Proven experience managing websites and CMS platforms, preferably in a multi-page owner environment
- Familiarity with branding, messaging, and user experience principles
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on data-driven decision-making
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Training or instructional experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and digital marketing concepts is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
The projected salary range for this role is $60,000-80,000, contingent upon the specific skills and experience of the selected candidate. We are also willing to explore a lower range for a promising, less experienced candidate.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of Leadership Institute, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Bailey Drouant, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.