You: You have two passions: You have one foot in the email world, where you’re eager to use new digital tools to reach online audiences and are constantly thinking about analytics and how to better serve audiences through email. Your other foot is in the world of creative storytelling, where you’re always trying to be original, true, and entertaining while telling unforgettable stories across mediums.
Them: Bureaucrats, city councils, mayors, governors, and federal agencies stripping Americans of their rights every day. There’s a lot of government overreach out there, and it’s backed by seemingly endless resources. But fortunately, like all lumbering giants, abusive government is most vulnerable when countered by individuals who act strategically and nimbly, take calculated risks, have each other’s backs, and are confident in, and passionate for, the cause—the very sort of swashbucklers we employ in spades here at PLF.
Us: We fight back. Pacific Legal Foundation is the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty. PLF has an unmatched record in the U.S. Supreme Court, with 17 victories out of 19 cases litigated at the Court. We also have more than a hundred active cases across the nation.
We are a next-generation public interest law firm. What does “next-generation” mean for a legal nonprofit? It means we aren’t interested in doing the same thing as everyone else. We aspire to be the best player in a constantly changing game.
Here’s what you get to do in this role:
You’ll get audiences excited and invested in PLF’s cases, policy work, and mission. You’ll execute innovative email and lead generation strategies to get more people reading about, watching films about, and talking about PLF’s work. You’ll draw inspiration from outside the nonprofit world—from cutting-edge ad campaigns, films, startups, and art—to put PLF’s email program on the highest playing field. You won’t be afraid to disrupt the status quo; you’ll bring new ideas to PLF, along with bias toward action. With you in this role, PLF will draw new attention and will become a bigger, more effective champion for our clients and for liberty.
Getting down to brass tacks, your specific job duties likely will include:
- Strategizing and developing new email products for PLF’s growing audience.
- Managing PLF’s email lists, including segmentation, user behavior scoring, and marketing automation.
- Drafting marketing copy for emails, ad campaigns, landing pages, and event invitations, keeping a firm grip on the thread that ties creativity to strategy.
- Developing engagement programs to learn more about our customers and drive them to action.
- Working with vendors for creative and technical execution.
- Planning and tracking email communications for major milestones—such as Supreme Court cases—ensuring content is brainstormed ahead of the event and released on time.
This role is ideal for someone with:
- At least three years of experience in email marketing
- A passion for PLF’s mission and the ideas of freedom and individual liberty
- Outstanding written communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- Experience using Pardot or other email management platforms is a plus
- Experience in other areas of digital marketing and storytelling is a plus
Pacific Legal Foundation identifies and litigates important legal issues to set landmark precedents that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, we battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion.
As a national nonprofit organization, PLF has brick-and-mortar offices in Sacramento, California; Arlington, Virginia; and Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, although approximately half of the staff work from home offices across the country. You can work physically in any of our offices or request to work virtually.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- A cover letter explaining why PLF is the place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants
- Your resume, including your experience in the liberty movement and relevant professional experience
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Senior Manager of Outreach at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest-quality talent available nationwide, and we offer a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. We take work-life balance seriously through our generous paid leave and flextime policies. We have a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power. Join us.