About Bill of Rights Institute
Established in September 1999, the Bill of Rights Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization that works to engage, educate, and empower individuals with a passion for the freedom and opportunity that exist in a free society. The Institute develops educational resources and programs for a network of more than 50,000 educators and 30,000 students nationwide.
BRI seeks a Senior Development Officer to serve as a key member of the development team and manage relationships to secure financial support from individual donors. The Officer will report to the President.
The Senior Development Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of approximately 125 individual donors
- Overseeing BRI’s direct mail program
- Identifying prospective major gift donors
- Executing plans to qualify, contact, and cultivate donors, and successfully solicit support
- Helping to write high level gift proposals, reports, and correspondence, including stewardship communications, renewal letters, and other donor communications
- Initiating and supervising research as needed
- Participating in the establishment of goals and budgets