State Policy Network (SPN) is seeking a Corporate and Sponsor Development Officer to join our fast-paced development team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in utilizing excellent relationship-building and corporate/trade association/free-market organization fundraising skills.
The Corporate and Sponsor Development Officer will maintain and grow a portfolio of partners that include corporations, trade associations, and free-market non-profit organizations. Partnerships may include general support, event sponsorships of SPN’s Annual Meeting, or other gifts. This position requires a high degree of savvy thinking, discernment, and creativity as it will be responsible for developing sponsorship relationships with and securing gifts from organizations that align with State Policy Networks’ mission. The ideal candidate will be able to think through how to best position SPN both financially and strategically with current and potential corporate and sponsorship partners.
As a member of the development team, this position will report to the Director of Foundation and Organization Relations and work with members of several SPN teams. The Corporate and Sponsor Development Officer can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA headquarters or in a virtual office.
- Manage a robust portfolio of corporate/trade-association/free-market organization donors and prospective donors and identify and add new organization partners to portfolio
- Secure gifts of general support, sponsorships, and other partnerships from organizations
- Help develop and execute marketing and outreach strategy of all sponsorships, including for SPN’s Annual Meeting
- Have a solid grasp of SPN’s vision and mission as it relates to fostering a society that help all Americans flourish and be able to discern solid partnerships from both a relational and financial standpoint
- Provide exceptional customer service at all SPN events
- Steward existing organization donors
- Support the SPN principles, strategic objectives, and culture of philanthropy
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or related field within corporate, trade association, and/or free-market organization sectors
- Strong desire to support the SPN vision and mission
- Entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, team player, strong work ethic, and flexible
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively and in a timely manner
- Exceptional relationship-building, writing, and oral communications skills
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Salesforce (or other CRM system) and cloud-sharing programs
- Ability to travel up to 65% of time
About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network was founded to support the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of state think tanks including 65 independent state think tank affiliates and over 90 associate partners. SPN works side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high performing independent think tanks. We do this by:
- Incubating think tanks and accelerating their development through strategic planning, training, and coaching
- Connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, with the aim of cultivating state solutions that collectively yield national impact
- Defending the 50-state think tank network by disseminating best practices, critical resources when members are attacked, and fighting assaults on free speech and donor privacy
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) your interest in the position/the mission of SPN, and 2) your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.