The Empire Center for Public Policy is looking for a Development Director to work in our Albany, NY office or virtually from any part of the great state of New York. This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to play a pivotal role in building capacity for a growing organization and to help change the trajectory of New York.
The right candidate – a passionate, energetic, organized and personable individual – will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and development team to expand upon current fundraising efforts, with a focus on expanding the overall donor database, so that the Center can meet its aggressive growth goals.
Other duties for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Cultivating partner relationships through phone calls, correspondence and in-person visits – the successful candidate will get to spend at least fifteen percent of their time visiting with partners throughout the Empire State
- Planning and coordinating events and other outreach initiatives
- Researching, writing, submitting, and managing grant program
- Overseeing management of the development database
- Overseeing partner research and identifying prospects
- Development and execution of solicitation campaigns, including direct mail
- Development and tracking budgetary goals in line with strategic priorities
You will have a passion for liberty and will understand the importance and nuances of the Center’s research. We are open to someone without fundraising experience who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills – but be ready to sell us on why your background and experience is transferrable to development and fundraising!