The Fairness Center is a nonprofit, public interest law firm offering free legal services to those facing unjust treatment from public employee union officials. In its first three years of existence, the Fairness Center initiated legal actions to protect those hurt by Governor Tom Wolf, the Pennsylvania State Education Association, National Education Association, Philadelphia Federation of Teachers, Service Employees International Union, American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees, and Association of Pennsylvania State College & University Faculties.
The Fairness Center represents its clients both in the court of law and the court of public opinion. Currently, its lawyers’ focus is assisting clients in Pennsylvania.
The Fairness Center is searching for a Litigation Counsel to be based in Pennsylvania. The Litigation Counsel will participate in active litigation and represent clients in both state and federal courts. Strong attention to detail is necessary.
Preferably the Litigation Counsel will work from one of The Fairness Center’s offices in Philadelphia or Harrisburg. We will also consider a candidate working from Pittsburgh or remotely from elsewhere in Pennsylvania.
The responsibilities of the Litigation Counsel will be as follows:
- Working with other attorneys to conduct litigation, including assisting with case selection
- Serving as a public spokesperson for the Fairness Center’s clients and working with communications professionals to help clients vindicate their rights in the court of public opinion
- Litigating cutting-edge cases in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies, as appropriate
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- 4+ years of litigation experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly strategic manager of his or her own time
- Admission to the Pennsylvania bar
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission and your salary requirements
- A legal writing sample in which the candidate was the sole author
Please include “Litigation Counsel, TFC – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.