Do you like to think big? Would you like be at the forefront of reducing tax burdens, improving public education and holding government accountable…and not just through a single entity but by building a freedom network? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
Kansas Policy Institute seeks an experienced fundraising professional to play a vital role in the organization’s fundraising efforts. The Development Director will report to the President. This position would ideally be based in Overland Park but a Wichita office would be considered for the ideal candidate.
The Director is charged with leading our efforts to build and sustain long-term relationships with existing donors and identify new supporters to help grow the organization and advance the mission of Kansas Policy Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the fundraising program for Kansas Policy Institute, including annual, planned and major giving.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve KPI’s strategic plan.
- Manage and collaborate with the Development Assistant.
- Design and implement strategies for growing all aspects of the organization’s contributed income, including major gifts, direct mail, house mail, online fundraising, and membership programs, as well as local and regional fundraising events.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with prospective and current donors (individuals, foundations and corporations).
- Collaborate with staff, the Chair of the Board Development Committee and other board members to leverage high-impact fundraising results across all initiatives.
- Work with Board Members on their contributions toward the organization’s development goals.
- Maintain donor database, tracking all donor contacts, donations, pledges and other interactions.
- Manage gift processing, acknowledgements, meeting coordination, renewals, reconciliations, and events.
- Identify, develop and implement other fundraising opportunities for the organization, such as a planned giving program, to benefit the organization’s long-term growth.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Demonstrates a proven track record of success, including surpassing revenue goals and establishing and maintaining solid relationships with donors.
- At least 3 years of experience as a development professional.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to convey detailed policy-related programs, priorities and issues to a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound judgment and familiarity with development field’s best practices and procedures essential.
- Passionate about the principles of limited government, personal freedom, and free markets.
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards; demonstrates an empathetic disposition and perseverance; optimistic, positive attitude; sensitive to the needs of donors.
- Moderate travel should be expected.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your salary requirements and an overview of qualifications and commitment to the principles of limited government, personal freedom and free markets
- One recent writing sample
- A list of three professional references
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.