The Legal Counsel is responsible for overseeing all Beacon Center legal efforts; assisting in the advancement of the Center’s policy objectives; advising the Center’s leadership on legal matters; and assisting the Center’s staff in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Develops an in-depth blueprint of the Tennessee Constitution and determines strengths and weaknesses therein relative to the organization’s policy objectives
- Reviews, approves, and/or drafts amici curiae briefs for filing on matters directly related to the Center’s mission
- Potentially represents the Center in approved litigation pertaining to its mission when such needs arise
- Work on the legal and policy formation of issues in the areas of economic liberty, property rights, and government transparency
- Advises the CEO and Board of Directors on all legal matters
- Works with other members of the Center’s team to advance their priorities, including assisting the policy, communications, and development staff on legal matters related to their responsibilities