OVERVIEW: The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) is seeking an accomplished government relations professional to help expand its outreach capability on Capitol Hill and manage coalition efforts for an energetic and feisty think tank. This position will work closely with members of the communications and policy teams to build relationships with allies, assist with issue-advocacy campaigns, and drive outreach strategies to increase awareness of CEI’s work among federal, state and local lawmakers. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined experience on Capitol Hill and working in coalition development.
- Contribute to CEI’s outreach strategy to advance the organization’s mission and policy goals;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with congressional offices, state and local lawmakers and staff, executive branch agencies, external allies and stakeholders;
- Provide timely and insightful information and guidance on legislative activity and outreach goals relevant to CEI’s core issue areas, particularly regulatory reform;
- Coordinate interactions between CEI staff and federal, state, and local government officials including participation in coalition efforts or work with other external allies or partners;
- Serve as a resource to scholars and staff by coordinating and collaborating on outreach efforts and events to advance CEI’s policy goals and priorities from inception to culmination;
- Assist in ensuring CEI’s full compliance with federal lobbying rules and guidelines.