The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect the rising generations with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include: free enterprise, individual liberty, limited government, entrepreneurship, and high moral character. Since 1946, FEE has captivated, inspired, and equipped tomorrow’s leaders to be champions for these principles through top-rated in-person and virtual workshops, compelling online media, educator resources, and written perspectives on relevant and timely topics.
About the Role
The Program Associate will help create and execute immersive, fun, and educational events for FEE’s various 11-26 year-old audiences. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to combine a love of the ideas of a free society with a passion for designing and implementing extraordinary customer experiences. This position reports to the Director, Javier Perez-Saavedra.
This position will be working with a small group on our FEE in the Classroom products. FEE in the Classroom is the portion of our organization that interacts directly with students, via webinars and in-person programs. Our programs are intended for middle school, high school, and college students and cover the following subject areas: Economics, Entrepreneurship, Financial Literacy, Government and Civics, Leadership and Character, Business, and History. This role will primarily focus on the execution of webinars and in-person programs but may assist in other areas of FEE in the Classroom as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, execution, and refinement of the FEE customer experience from beginning to end for FEE 1-day programs:
- Oversee virtual and in-person program logistics, such as the seminar schedule, curriculum, speaker selection, online platform registration, day-of logistics, invoices, etc.
- Handle logistics including, but not limited to creating logistics packets, landing and registration pages, zoom links, calendar invites, etc.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with speakers and attendees to ensure high levels of satisfaction and successful completion of the programs
- Ensure our educational content meets the standards for a 501(c)3 and would appeal to all teachers, regardless of their political identity
- Refine programs planning processes and identify areas for improvement
- Work closely with the Director on new projects, ideas, and initiatives
- Track and report relevant KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Assist in the management of existing customer relationships:
- Maintain accurate reporting in SalesForce
- Ensure high satisfaction among customers and identify areas of improvement if/when negative feedback is received
- Record feedback on faculty members, address concerns, and draft emails to show appreciation for faculty
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in customer service, event planning, and/or summer camps preferred (internships may be considered experience); we will consider less experienced candidates as well
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Public speaking skills preferred
- Experience working with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, etc.), customer relationship management (CRM) technology (SalesForce), and project management tools (Monday.com) strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience organizing and juggling multiple priorities while keeping everything on track and maintaining careful attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- A proactive, entrepreneurial spirit to improve existing programs
- A collaborative personality; unafraid of challenge
- An unwavering commitment to the mission and principles of FEE
- Ability to travel approximately 5%
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position, alignment with the mission of FEE, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.