CCHF is a non-partisan, free-market organization that promotes policy ideas consistent with the principles of limited government, individual liberty and free markets. Recognized as the leading free-market voice for patient-centered care and medical privacy rights, CCHF’s primary area of focus is health care policy, with an emphasis on freedom, free-markets and the medical privacy rights that protect patient and doctor freedom.
About the Role
The Citizens’ Council for Health Freedom (CCHF) seeks a Communications Manager/Director to plan, oversee and execute the Council’s communications, marketing and outreach strategy and activities. This person will work closely with the Council’s president, the State Legislative, and Policy Director to maximize the publicity and earned media of each project and initiative.
Qualified candidates must have a passionate commitment to free-market principles and have the skills and experience required to generate maximum media coverage for the Council and its projects, including running campaigns to create movements that lead to policy changes. The Communications Director will also be expected to spearhead CCHF’s marketing-centered campaigns.
This role also holds possibility for a more junior level person (the Manager position). After reading through this job description, if you think you are a potentially qualified candidate with fewer years of experience, we encourage you to explore this opportunity by applying. Salary will be commensurate with experience for all candidates.
CCHF is located in St. Paul, Minnesota but also works at the national level by traveling to Washington, DC and providing presentations nationwide. This role will be based in St. Paul.
- Book TV and radio interviews and place op-eds for CCHF staff
- Secure TV, radio and print news coverage for CCHF’s press conferences, study releases, events and strategic initiatives
- Create new and manage established contacts with media members through building relationships
- Build the quality and integrity of CCHF’s brand and messaging
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for CCHF and its work as needed
- Copy editing all of CCHF’s publications
- Running CCHF’s marketing-centric information campaigns
- Oversee all of the communications department’s activities
- Managing CCHF’s Twitter, Facebook and other new-media accounts
- Work with CCHF’s leadership team to implement and suggest changes to our strategic communications plan
- Assist with event coordination and messaging
- 3-8+ years of communications/policy experience with a history of earning media coverage and creating innovative ways to turn policy ideas into stories and events that change public opinion
- Ability to translate detailed and dry policy ideas into stories and PR events that earn news coverage
- Ability to make complex policy concepts easily understandable to policymakers and the American public
- Exceptional copy-editing skills and strong writing ability
- Understanding that communications is not an 8-5 job and willingness to work all hours to secure media coverage or help a staff member
- Mission-first: Willingness to do the work necessary to accomplish CCHF’s goals
- Self-starter and hard worker
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and adjust strategies on an ongoing basis
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Established national and/or Minnesota media contacts are a plus
- A positive attitude and eagerness to work as an influential member of our team
CCHF is an equal-opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Résumé with a focus on a candidate’s measurable accomplishments
- Cover letter detailing:
- Interest in the position, including a passionate commitment to the mission of CCHF
- A compelling case for why the applicant is qualified and would excel in this position
- Salary requirements
- Two writing samples
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.