We’re still not legal to drive, but that hasn’t stopped us from getting a lot done over the last 5,475 days!
Since 2009, Talent Market has:
- Helped 240+ liberty-oriented nonprofits find the talent they need to be successful – Our clients include national policy and research organizations, state-based think tanks, education and talent development institutions, litigation centers, capacity building organizations, media organizations, and university centers.
- Placed more than 1,170 talented individuals in critical roles in the free-market movement – We’ve helped talent from entry level to executive level find their dream jobs. We’ve placed talent in every role you can imagine in the liberty movement including development, senior management, communications, legal, policy, IT, external relations, finance, project management, and operations.
- Grown from a staff of one to a staff of five – It’s hard to believe Claire flew solo for the first few years. Now she’s got four amazing partners in crime! Katy just celebrated five years with us last fall. Stephanie hit three years this month and Lydia hit two. And Bailey is coming up on one this summer! The teamwork makes the dreamwork, baby!
- Witnessed the explosion of virtual hiring – In our first year of existence, only 10% of our placements worked virtually. Last year, more than 60% of our placements worked virtually! Even though Covid is in the rearview, virtual hiring is here to stay!
- Reached more than 10,750 liberty-oriented individuals via our outreach efforts, including more than 9,000 young professionals – We continually seek to grow our network of liberty-oriented talent. And since roughly 63% of the candidates we place come to us via personal referrals, we know that our outreach efforts have a multiplier effect when it comes to identifying talent for the liberty movement!
- Grown our network to more than 23,000 liberty-oriented individuals – And this is why liberty organizations would be bonkers not to utilize our services! No other organization has been identifyig, engaging, and connecting liberty-oriented with liberty-oriented jobs for the last 15 years!
- Witnessed the introduction of AI into the hiring process – We’re well-acquainted with the hiring world’s penchant for gimmicks and passing fads. However, few trends have taken off as rapidly as the adoption of AI Chatbots. From emails, to job descriptions, to cover letters, we’ve seen our share of AI-generated text in the recent past. While the verdict’s still out on how this will impact hiring trends in the long-term, it’s hard to imagine that this won’t continue to have an influence in the coming years (we let ChatGPT draft this point).
- Watched the rise and fall of WeWork – We might not have cozy phone booths or kombucha on tap, but Talent Market has outlasted the WeWork craze and are still going strong as a fully-remote team.
- Lived through countless ‘End of the World’ predictions – As the Doomsday Clock ticks loudly, some among us might be tempted to sell our earthly belongings and live out our final days on a remote beach sipping Mai Tais. Not us! To hell with Nostradamus: we’ll be here until the bitter end, helping the liberty movement find the talent it needs!
- Read more than 3,000 candidate-submitted jokes related to government dysfunction – We invite all of our contacts to share their best jokes and they do not disappoint! Our favorite one as of late: The secret to making Congress more efficient is to replace all the people with horses. Sure, every vote would end in “neighs,” but hay, at least the housing market would be stable.
- Shared more than 150 nuggets of wisdom via our Talent Tips – From resume tips, to hiring best practices, to occasional dating advice, our Talent Tip Archive is full of valuable insight and advice for candidates and clients alike.
- Created more than $20M in private sector value through our placements – That’s right. If Talent Market were a private sector headhunting firm charging tens of thousands of dollars for each placement, we would have collected more than $20M in fees and the five of us would be on a yacht in the Coral Sea sailing around the Whitsunday Islands. But the good news for the liberty movement is we’re right here, doing what we do as a nonprofit. You’re welcome!
From the entire Talent Market team, thank you for everything you’ve done to help us get to this amazing milestone!