Young Voices’ mission is to cultivate the next generation of thought leaders for liberty in policy, journalism, and academia. We do so by providing writing training, editing, and media placement services to aspiring pundits ages 18-35. Founded in 2013, our Contributors are regularly featured on Fox and Sinclair stations and in USA Today, among other outlets.
About the Role
Young Voices is searching for a public relations associate to assist with social media, arranging speaking engagements, and pitching Contributors for broadcast interviews. The associate will be regularly interacting with media outlets and partner organizations on behalf of Young Voices with the aim to promote the careers of our contributors and the message of liberty. This role will report to the public relations manager and is available either in office in Washington, DC or may be executed virtually.
- Managing social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter
- Tracking media hits in Salesforce
- Pitching Young Voices’ writers for broadcast interview opportunities (i.e. TV, radio, online video)
- Seeking in-person speaking opportunities for Young Voices’ contributors and managing logistics (i.e. travel, lodging, honoraria, etc)
- Creatively brainstorming viral media opportunities to expand Young Voices’ reach in print and broadcast outlets
- Help with logistics of media hits and representing Young Voices’ talent throughout the process
- 1-5 years of professional experience in communication is preferred but not required
- Willingness to travel occasionally for conferences and other networking opportunities
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Mission alignment is critical; strong commitment to individual liberty and limited government is required
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Photoshop, iMovie, and/or Salesforce is a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, your interest in this position and Young Voices’ mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.