About the Organization
Young Voices is a non-profit talent agency and PR firm for a rising generation of heterodox thinkers in journalism, and academia. We provide writing training, editing, and media placement services to aspiring changemakers, ages 18-35. Founded in 2013, our contributors are regularly featured on Fox and Sinclair stations and in USA Today, National Review, Wall Street Journal, among other outlets.
About the Role
Young Voices is searching for a talented, creative, and people-oriented Brand Manager to join our external relations team. With a wide range of duties, this role will be an ideal fit for anyone who enjoys everything from crafting messaging and creating graphics to meeting new people and designing events! Do you love the news, aesthetic, and work with a mission? If so, we’re interested. We are looking for someone who wants to be front-facing and who has an orientation toward people, promotion, and thoughtful branding.
This role will report to the Director of Programs and is available in either of our offices in Washington, DC or NYC. Remote work may be considered for exceptional candidates. The Brand Manager will be expected to travel approximately 20% for in-person engagements.
- Acting as a content coach for contributors, guiding them in effective social media strategy
- Scheduling posts via Hootsuite and Sprout Social, creating content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Actively engaging Young Voices contributors and the wider community in collaboratively sharing content online
- Creatively brainstorming new ways to increase Young Voices’ reach and engagement online
- Creating social media images in Canva, Photoshop, etc.
- Designing Young Voices’ quarterly supporter updates
- Helping the Director of Public Affairs in crafting a tone for the organization overall
- Acting as a face for YV, co-hosting and planning thoughtful events throughout the year
- 1-4 years of professional experience in marketing, PR, or graphic design is preferred
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% for event coordination, conferences, and other networking opportunities
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Strong people skills
- Attention to detail
- Love for in-person gatherings
- Mission alignment is critical; strong commitment to free speech and individual freedom is required
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Photoshop, iMovie, and/or Canva is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, Young Voices’ mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.