Washington Legal Foundation (WLF) is a national public-interest law firm and legal policy center. Its mission is to defend American free enterprise by litigating, educating, and advocating for a free market, a limited government, and the rule of law.
WLF advances its mission in the courts and administrative agencies, where nearly every consequential legal and policy battle is fought. By doing so, WLF positively shapes judicial and regulatory decisions, while acting as a counterweight to unelected bureaucrats, plaintiffs’ lawyers, and other special interests.
WLF impacts major legal policies through an array of well-established advocacy tools. WLF litigates precedent-setting issues before courts and administrative agencies; publishes and distributes timely and influential legal studies; and communicates with policymakers and simplifies legal issues to raise public consciousness and involve citizens in the policy process.
About the Role
The Manager of Marketing & Communications plays an integral role in the promotion and public engagement of WLF’s educational programs, litigation and advocacy efforts, and general operations. This position will take ownership of the WLF brand, ensuring consistent and strategic messaging while expanding WLF’s influence, recognition, and position of authority.
This is a highly visible role, responsible for coordinating with both WLF staff and the general public. The Manager will work from WLF’s Washington, DC office and report to WLF’s Executive Director.
- Oversee the WLF website ensuring content is current, accurate, and routinely updated
- Manage the release and distribution of WLF press releases, publications, program announcements, and other communications
- Design and implement digital marketing campaigns to expand WLF’s social media presence on platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Assist in recruiting, engaging, and managing authors and speakers in support of WLF programs, publications, briefs, and editorials
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and execution of educational programs for in-person and online audiences
- Provide support to development staff for donor/prospect communication and engagement
- Serve as the primary contact for all media inquiries, ensuring consistent messaging at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, or journalism preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating and implementing communications and multimedia marketing strategies, preferably in public or legal policy, required. Non-profit organization experience preferred
- A demonstrated strong personal commitment to the core principles that frame WLF’s work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain privacy and exercise confidentiality in sensitive matters
- Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of individuals
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism and responsibility along with an ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Constant Contact, Word Press, InDesign, and Google Analytics. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of WLF and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.