Atlas Network is a non-profit that seeks to increase global prosperity and human progress by strengthening a network of independent partner organizations that promote individual freedom and are committed to identifying and removing barriers to human flourishing.
About the Opening
The VP of Marketing & Communications will oversee the Marketing & Communications department at Atlas Network. This department fulfills two critical roles: 1) serving as an internal service organization for the Institute Relations, Training and Events and Development teams to enable them to effectively reach their key stakeholders and achieve the organization’s North Stars, and 2) maintaining stewardship for the organization’s external brand and acting as a megaphone for the amazing work of our partners.
The VP of Marketing & Communications will lead the department’s efforts to:
- Identify departmental and organizational MarCom priorities
- Design innovative ways to measure success and impact of our MarCom work
- Define and align department skills with current and future needs of MarCom
- Provide effective team leadership and development of MarCom staff
- Create consistent media engagement with new media outlets and highly visible media institutions
- Envision how to most effectively fulfill our role to be a megaphone for the liberty movement
- Build and elevate the Atlas brand and intellectual eminence with key stakeholders (donors, media, other influencers)
- Lead the execution of dynamic, multi-faceted and complex grant specified marketing and communications programs
- Provide strategic leadership for core marketing and communications functions within the team including:
- Press Relations
- Donor Communications
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
Requirements and Critical Candidate Attributes
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, media relations, or related field
- Proven ability to build and elevate brand awareness of entities and initiatives
- Management experience; track record of leading successful teams
- Existing relationships with national and foreign affairs media preferred
- Passion for the mission and role of Atlas Network in building the worldwide freedom movement
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to think systemically
- Strong EQ, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to navigate and grow complex cultural and international organizational relationships
- Learner orientation
- Highly organized; strong understanding of how to design effective work processes
- Exceptional written or oral communication skills
- Experience managing budgets
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as communications or marketing
It is anticipated that this position will work from the Arlington, VA office. Given current COVID-19 conditions, employees may work from home or the office. Our targeted formal return-to-office work status is September 8, 2020. For a virtual candidate, we would anticipate spending a week a month at the Arlington office. The role is only open to individuals authorized to work in the United States.
Travel for the role will be approximately 10-20% and include both domestic and international travel.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing
- your interest in this position/Atlas Network’s mission and why you think its work is important, especially now
- salary requirements
- your geographic preferences
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.