The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a fundraising professional to play a vital role in the organization’s fundraising efforts in the Austin and Central Texas area. The Major Gifts Officer will work in close collaboration with the development team to expand current fundraising efforts, build strong relationships with donors, solicit, and steward donors effectively. The ideal candidate will excel at developing and cultivating relationships with major gift donors. They must be able to communicate TPPF’s mission and share the Foundation’s vision to philanthropists in Texas and across America. This role reports to the Director of Major Gifts and will be based in Austin, TX.
- Develop, cultivate, and secure major gifts for the Foundation’s work
- Manage a portfolio of current donors and prospects
- Play a key support role in cultivating new donors through the Foundation’s outreach efforts, including special donor events
- Perform donor research, including identifying new major prospects
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies (personal visits, correspondence, event participation, etc.)
- Motivate supporters and prospects in an appropriate and timely fashion toward a shared goal to make Texas an even better place, making solicitations when appropriate
- Provide a high level of quality stewardship after a gift
- Ensure that all donor contact is reported in TPPF database
- Make presentations, when needed, to senior management on donor strategies and efforts
- 2+ years of experience in major gift fundraising with a track record of success
- Knowledge of free market donors and national/state network a major plus
- Superb story-telling, writing, oral communication, and debate skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow through
- Strong commitment to the principles of personal responsibility and free enterprise
- High attention to detail
- Personable, self-motivated, and professional
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
- Willing to travel when needed; approximately 20% anticipated
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience of the person who takes the position
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of TPPF and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.