About the Organization
The Policy Circle informs and equips women to be more effective and impactful civic leaders. We do this through a variety of programs that educate members on the impact of public policy and highlight specific ways that women can take ownership of solutions in their communities rooted in entrepreneurial values, personal responsibility, and innovation.
About the Role
The Policy Circle is seeking a responsible, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial Development Associate. This role will be the hub of the development department and an integral component of our success in funding The Policy Circle’s mission.
If you are the perfect blend of people-person and systems-thinker, who likes to connect the dots, this is the job for you. Daily work will include interacting with potential donors, partner organizations, and team members as we strategize, conduct research, create pitch decks, and prepare to seize opportunities to fund the mission of The Policy Circle. This role has potential for growth and advancement within our growing organization and will provide ample opportunities to expand your fundraising skillset.
This role reports to the Executive Director and the Director of Strategic Partnerships. This is a full-time, fully remote position with excellent benefits offered after 90 days of employment including PPO, Simple IRA match and generous PTO. The entire staff at the Policy Circle works virtually.
- Data Guru: serve as the development team lead on all things Salesforce, including processing & recording gifts, updating and enhancing donor records, building out donor dossiers, and owning donor data gift records and integrity
- Research & Donor Intelligence: conduct research regarding potential donors, sponsors, and funders through various platforms (including WealthEngine), compile into dossiers, help prioritize prospects, and systematically capture information in CRM
- Prepare Pitch Decks & Schedule Prospect Meetings
- Foundation Tracking: Conduct research regarding foundation prospects, keep Grant Calendar up to date, and share tasks/deadlines with team/grant writers to ensure timely submissions and reports.
- Community Engagement: Seek to deliver exceptional service to all Policy Circle community stakeholders by understanding their needs and pain points to personalize each interaction to build active and enduring relationships
- Product Knowledge: Develop and cultivate a strong knowledge of The Policy Circle mission, products, programs, and events; ability to connect the dots between various stakeholders and relevant programs to identify opportunities and suggest value-added solutions
- Professional Development: Engage in and attend regular team-building meetings; seek out best practices and strive to strengthen your skill set through available resources provided by The Policy Circle and other relevant partners
Key Results/Metrics for Success
Assist the development team in meeting fundraising goals by:
- Streamline and maximize Salesforce implementation and use to boost the effectiveness of fundraising and stewardship efforts
- Ensure timely, thorough, and accurate interactions with prospective donors, foundations and other key partners
- Manage development team tasks to strengthen the organization and enhance productivity
- Help identify new opportunities for funding through strategic research and relationship-centered approach to development
- Create and manage donor prospect and current donor reports and communications lists
Requirements & Preferred Proficiencies
- 2-3 years of professional nonprofit experience is required (volunteer roles do not count)
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per year for team meetings
- Proficient with Salesforce (SF Certification a definite plus) with a willingness to engage in weekly training
- Excellent research skills with knowledge of wealth screening tools (e.g. WealthEngine, Foundation Directory, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize research and identify areas of opportunity and alignment
- Proficiency with Canva preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Skilled using G Suite applications (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Calendar) – and willingness to learn new technology required
- Project management experience required, preferably with knowledge of project management tools such as Smartsheet, Basecamp, Slack, etc.
- Agreement with and enthusiasm for Policy Circle Core Values
This Job description is not all-inclusive, and certain activities, duties, or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position
- Your alignment with, and passion for, the mission of The Policy Circle
- Your salary requirements
- Writing sample no longer than 5 pages in length (samples relating to The Policy Circle’s work preferable, any writing sample will do)
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.