Tikvah is a significant educational center and think-tank committed to advancing Jewish civilization and supporting the intellectual, religious, and political leaders of the Jewish people and the Jewish State. Our animating mission and guiding spirit is to promote Jewish excellence and Jewish flourishing in the modern age. Tikvah is politically Zionist, economically free-market oriented, and culturally traditional, and we believe in the free exchange of arguments and ideas.
Our institutes, programs, and publications seek to advance and develop high-level thinking about the Jewish future, always drawing upon the enduring wisdom of Jewish tradition and the hardwon lessons of Jewish history. We see the Jewish people and Jewish civilization as exceptional, and we seek to bring Jewish thinking and Jewish leaders into conversation with broader Western and American issues and ideas in the political, cultural, and economic arena. Learn more about our community of ideas and people at www.tikvahfund.org
About the Role
Tikvah is searching for an Events Coordinator who can help plan and execute events and major conferences that bring together our community of supporters, partners, and students. The Events Coordinator will be a member of Tikvah’s development team, and will provide additional support to development operations as necessary. The ideal candidate for this role is detail oriented and personable, with a track record of planning and hosting successful events, such as major conferences, gala dinners, and donor retreats.
The Events Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Senior Director of Development, Alexandra Rosenberg. The Tikvah Fund is located in New York City and it is preferred that this candidate work from NYC. However, the exceptional virtual candidate will be considered. If the candidate is virtual, they will be required to travel to NYC several times per month. For that reason, the candidate must live in a location easily accessible to NYC such as Philadelphia, DC or Delaware.
This full-time role provides excellent benefits including health insurance, a 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays, and short Fridays.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of Tikvah’s annual 500-1,000 person Jewish Leadership Conference with attendance, including, but not limited to, venue research, vendor coordination, review of banquet event orders, audio visual orders, management of signage, collateral material, and giveaways, management of budget, creation of event timelines, archiving materials, coordinating speaker logistics, etc.
- Logistical support for Advisory Board Meetings and Tikvah Open University events in the office; typically around 20 per year
- Maintenance of a master events calendar with key deadlines
- Planning and hosting quarterly donor parlor meetings, dinners, cocktail parties, etc. and any future community conferences and events
- Additional operations support for the development department
- Occasional event support to the education department
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to travel 5%-40%, depending on location of applicant
- Strong commitment to and agreement with the mission and values of Tikvah
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of The Tikvah Fund and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.