About the Tax Foundation
The Tax Foundation is the nation’s leading independent tax policy nonprofit. Since 1937, our principled research, insightful analysis, and engaged experts have informed smarter tax policy at the federal, state, and global levels. For over 80 years, our goal has remained the same: to improve lives through tax policies that lead to greater economic growth and opportunity. We use our research and analysis to bring tax changes to the national spotlight, foster competition among the states, and advise policymakers on how to improve their tax systems.
This newly created position’s goal is to develop and implement outreach strategies that raise America’s Tax and Economic IQ. We are looking for a very creative and energetic person who would listen for and seek new audiences for the Tax Foundation’s Tax Basics program and know how each of these audiences most easily accesses tax information—the forms of media the audiences consume, how they talk, and what makes them engage. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications. The role is ideally based in Washington, DC. For the exceptional candidate, remote work will be considered.
- Create content for digital, print, and video campaigns that educate and engage audiences ranging from students to everyday taxpayers
- Develop partnerships with online learning platforms and popular YouTube channels that can help expand the educational reach of Tax Foundation materials.
- Cultivate relationships with hands-on groups such as the National Council on Economic Education and Junior Achievement
- Coordinate cross-promotional campaigns with distribution partners in the nonprofit space, such as:
- Institute for Humane Studies
- Foundation for Teaching Economics
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Council for Economic Education
- Poynter Institute’s News University
- Initiate and manage partnerships with colleges, universities, and teachers who can boost our educational materials’ credibility and inject them into lesson plans around the country
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7 years of experience in a digital marketing role with a focus on reaching new audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with social media promotion, managing public education or advertising campaigns, and creating original content
- In-depth knowledge of digital advertising platforms and the ability to manage targeted influencer and brand promotion campaigns
- Prior knowledge of tax policy not required, but an interest in public policy and a belief in the Tax Foundation’s mission is critical
- Periodic travel (1-2 trips per year) may be required once regular travel resumes
Why Work at Tax Foundation?
At the Tax Foundation you can educate the public, elevate public discourse, and improve public policy, all while having fun! In addition, Tax Foundation offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage with employer contributions, a 401(k) retirement plan with 100% match on first 5%, and we cover 100% of the premiums for dental and vision coverage and life/AD&D/LTD insurance. We offer 12 paid holidays and 15 vacation days per year and generous sick leave, plus our office is closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. We also offer casual and early-release Fridays.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.