The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) is an educational nonprofit that is changing the world by developing leaders for a free society. Our transformational programs teach the principles of limited government, free-market economics and honorable leadership to students and young professionals in America and around the world.
By offering a portfolio of more than 20 different academic programs, fellowships and seminars, the TFAS Journey helps cultivate future leaders from high school, all the way through to their university studies and professional careers.
Today, there are more than 42,000 TFAS alumni making the difference in their communities and throughout the world by upholding the values essential to the preservation and success of a free society.
TFAS is searching for a self-starting, creative thinker to join its communications team in Washington, D.C. Our ideal candidate enjoys collaborating with a small team, listens intently to information and task direction, follows projects through to completion, takes personal pride in and ownership of their work, is excited and motivated to learn new skills, is resourceful and takes initiative to meet objectives. The full-time position will report to the Communications Manager and Director of Communications.
- Attend TFAS programs and events such as guest lectures, site briefings, dinners and awards receptions to live-post social content and gather content for future communications
- Write compelling content for print and online newsletters, highlighting the stories of TFAS programs, events, students, alumni and supporters
- Format and publish content to TFAS.org website, following internal guidelines and digital best practices
- Assist the communications manager and director with executing digital marketing strategy through social media, email and targeted online advertising
- Aggregate an internal daily report of media mentions about and pertaining to TFAS, and maintain an internal archive of relevant media mentions
- Maintain audio, video, press and photography archives
- Manage TFAS audio/visual equipment, including the organization and check-out procedures for equipment, as well as the training for staff on equipment usage
- Support communications strategies and production of related marketing materials as needed
- Bachelors Degree and 0-2 years of professional experience (internships may be considered experience)
- A compelling storyteller with excellent writing and presentation skills that can be tailored to various audiences
- Ability to research story topics and track down sources
- Understanding of social and web analytics reporting
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Willingness to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong grasp of branding and following style guides
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Openness to explore other areas within the communications department to grow in the field and as a TFAS employee
- Candidates must have a commitment to ideas of limited government and free-market economy
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems
- Familiarity or experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing services
- Video production and editing experience in Premier Pro
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of TFAS and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://www.talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.