About the Kansas Policy Institute
The Kansas Policy Institute engages citizens and policymakers with information to enact public policy solutions that protect the constitutional right to freedom of all Kansans, give them greater access to educational opportunities, and allow them to keep more of what they earn. By protecting freedom, we will improve everyone’s quality of life, make Kansas more competitive, and attract new citizens and businesses.
About the Position
Kansas Policy Institute is looking for an experienced Technology and Web Developer to join our communications team. This position will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. This role offers an exciting opportunity to drive technological innovation while contributing to the advancement of our mission. This position works across multiple KPI brands, including the Kansas Justice Institute, the media outlet The Sentinel, and others.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the latest industry trends and content management systems. They should also have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly seeking innovative ways to enhance and expand our digital outreach.
This position is based in Wichita or Kansas City, Kansas. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- Collaborate closely with KPI’s communications team to develop communication strategies
- Work directly with graphic design and web development vendors to develop the overall look and design of multiple websites
- Implement integrations across CRM programs and WordPress forms to optimize the growth of our audience across all platforms
- Produce, maintain, and modify websites and user interfaces to ensure optimal user experiences
- 3+ years of experience in a website management, communications, and/or CRM programs
- Philosophical alignment with and a passion for the mission of the Kansas Policy Institute
- Strong understanding of WordPress, including creating themes and plugins
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Graphic design skills preferred but not required
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the Kansas Policy Institute, as well as your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Bailey Drouant, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.