The Conservation Coalition (TCC) is the largest conservative environmental organization across the United States. They’re working to change the narrative on environmental discussions through promoting a mix of market-based, pro-business, and limited-government environmentalism in state legislatures, college campuses, the federal level politics, and beyond.
About the Role
The Conservation Coalition is seeking an experienced, full-time Southern Regional Director to join their field team. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and adaptable leader and team player who can spearhead branch development and member recruitment in the region. Other responsibilities include planning/executing branch events, assisting the efforts of state-based campaigns, and providing additional support to both activists and leadership team members. This position is virtual within the region (TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, TN, and KY) with a 30% travel requirement.
- Lead grassroots recruitment efforts, both on the ground and via social media, and connect new members with local branches
- Establish new branches, support existing branches, and identify strong branch leaders in target communities
- Onboard branch leaders and ensure they are familiar with TCC’s mission and structure
- Develop and organize branch events with local leadership
- Support state-based projects and assume a leading role with state leadership and staff
- Distribute educational and activism materials provided via national office
- Identify and engage Grasstops activists on national advocacy efforts
- Create and execute a regional strategic plan with quarterly KPIs and budget
- Represent TCC at in-state events, conferences, legislative meetings, etc.
- Engage with members and branch leaders in the region via phone, text, email, Slack, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in grassroots activism, campaigns, or a similar field
- Solid understanding of TCC’s mission
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong ability to network and maintain relationships
- Highly organized and able to prioritize well
- Willingness to travel across the region about 30% of the time
- Experience managing a team is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the organization, why the position interest you, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Network Engagement Specialist, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.