For more than ten years, the Empire Center for Public Policy (EC) has been working to make New York a better place to live and work by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
The Center seeks a Policy Fellow to be an integral part of Empire’s research agenda. This is an exciting time to join a growing team working to expand its presence and impact in the state Capitol and throughout the state.
This is a full-time position located in Albany, New York.
- Contribute significantly to the Center’s research agenda
- Coordinate with research director, policy analysts and other Center fellows to develop and execute research agenda
- Assist in managing research contracts
- Author original work related to EC’s policy goals
- Represent the Center by speaking at events throughout the state
- Conduct media interviews, write opinion editorials, testify before state legislature
- Help coordinate the Center’s annual publications, including analysis of data collected on the Center’s transparency website, SeeThroughNY
- Assist in establishing and executing legislative strategy
- Working with researchers, development and media teams to plan seminars, policy forums and other activities to advance the research
- Editing and assisting in the writing of reports, articles and other materials prepared by other EC researchers and staff