The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish. [Read more…]
The Pacific Research Institute (PRI) is a California based think-tank dedicated to championing freedom, opportunity, limited government, and personal responsibility. PRI’s mission is to provide practical, market-based solutions on issues affecting the citizens of California and all Americans. The Institute’s research focuses on education reform, health care, tax and fiscal policy, and the environment. We are “policy entrepreneurs putting ideas into action.”
PRI is hiring a full-time Director of Major Gifts who would be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts. The successful candidate would manage a comprehensive portfolio of individual donors and major donor prospects primarily located in, but not limited to, Southern California. The Director would be expected to conduct regular personal meetings with donors and donor prospects and make solicitations, focusing on gifts in the five and six-figure range.
The Director can be based in PRI’s Pasadena office or a virtual office in Southern California. Ideally the Director will be on the road for meetings and events 50% of the time. The candidate’s location in Southern California would impact what percentage of the travel would require over-night or multi-day travel. The Director will work closely with the President and CEO, Vice President of Development, development and events staff, other outside contractors, and other PRI personnel to ensure that PRI grows its donor base and meets its annual fundraising goals.
The Government Justice Center (GJC) seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to help execute the vision of the GJC and handle litigation in state and federal courts throughout New York. This position will work closely with the GJC’s Executive Director and General Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for The Government Justice Center’s mission to protect taxpayers from government waste, negligence, abuse, and other improper actions. Within these parameters, the Litigation Counsel will have a certain degree of flexibility of what litigation issues are in his/her portfolio. For example, given the recent Janus ruling, a candidate with employment and labor experience and interest would have significant responsibilities for matters relating to the Janus implementation in New York state.
We believe our government functions best when held to the highest standards of transparency and accountability, and that government should follow the same laws to which private citizens are held. We work to make sure New Yorkers get the transparency and due process they deserve and are entitled to.
Preferably the Litigation Counsel will work from the Government Justice Center’s office in Albany. We will also consider a candidate working remotely that is able to make periodic visits to Albany.
- assisting finding, vetting, creating legal strategy for and representing GJC clients in and out of court;
- assisting with fundraising efforts to support the operations and work of the GJC;
- working closely with partner organizations; and
- providing general support to the GJC’s operations and strategic vision.
- strong writing ability and creative research skills;
- ability to work collaboratively but also manage a caseload independently;
- strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- admitted to the New York bar or willing to become admitted within one year of being hired;
- 4+ years of litigation experience preferred;
- knowledge of and interest in the public policy issues on which the Government Justice Center will focus, particularly employment and labor;
- an affinity with the Government Justice Center’s approach to protecting New Yorkers from improper government actions.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- cover letter detailing:
- candidate background;
- interest in the position and the mission of GJC;
- a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position;
- office location if preference is to work virtually; and
- salary requirements.
- two concise writing samples.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.