Nowhere is the fight for prosperity, free-markets, and the ideals of effective and accountable government more important than in New York. With our practical solutions to New York’s most serious problems, a good amount of gumption, and a little bit of elbow grease, the Empire Center for Public Policy is turning the tide of this great state.
To carry on this work, we need a passionate, energetic and personable individual to be our Communications Director/Manager. Does this sound like you? If it does, you’ll be responsible for planning and executing the Center’s communications, marketing and outreach strategy. Working closely with our executive team, you will help us put New York on a better path by maximizing the impact of our work.
This position will be based at Empire Center’s Albany, NY offices, however a virtual office in NY will be considered for select candidates on a case-by-case basis.
- Creating and implementing EC’s short- and long-term communications and marketing strategy
- Cultivating new and existing media contacts while staying on top of the current media landscape both locally and nationally
- Strategically managing the publications schedule
- Securing earned media coverage for EC’s reports, projects and strategic initiatives
- Booking TV and radio interviews for EC staff
- Editing and placing op-eds
- Manage EC’s website, including the NYTorch blog
- Developing and implementing paid and organic social media marketing campaigns
- Execute email strategy, including a monthly newsletter, donor communications and press releases, with an eye to growing EC’s audience and email list
- Editing and assisting in the writing of reports, articles and other materials prepared by other Empire Center researchers and staff
- Working with outside vendors, including on graphic design, website maintenance and print collateral
Requirements: [Read more…]