The Director, Philanthropy and Partnerships, is a fast-paced major gift officer that’s also a self-disciplined, organized team player committed to expanding the boundaries of freedom. Culture matters at CEI. We have a fun, creative environment built around experienced policy leaders and led by a high-energy President/CEO. The successful candidate will be aligned with CEI’s policy positions and be a willing to serve on a team that works hard, has a good sense of humor, and is intensely dedicated to CEI’s upward trajectory of growth. This position reports to the Vice President of Philanthropy and will complete a five-person team.
Cultivation and Donor Portfolio Growth (80%)
- Manage a portfolio of 150-200 established donors and prospects, including individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Actively cultivate donors and grow their involvement with CEI.
- Travel to meet with donors (up to 20%).
- Learn complex policy positions and be comfortable discussing them with donors and prospective donors.
- Maintain detailed Salesforce records.
- Relentlessly prospect to engage new donors.
Special Projects (20%)
- Work with the team on planned giving initiatives.
- Follow-up on local, regional, and national donor events.
- Assist the philanthropy team with key projects as assigned.