The Independence Institute, an unconventional free market think tank, is searching for the right person to serve as the Executive Assistant, Investor Relations and provide key support for the President (primarily) and the Executive Vice President (occasionally). This is a high-level executive assistant position and a linchpin position for the development team. Your primary focus will be identifying, managing, and strategizing both investor and prospective investor meetings for the President and Vice President. You may work remotely.
- Securing appointments with high dollar investors by varying means including phone, email, and/or creative written correspondence.
- Coordinating meetings including setting time and place, preparing pre-meeting briefs, providing collateral materials for meeting, maintaining post-meeting action reports, inputting and tracking action items in investor database.
- Performing investor research including identifying qualified prospects.
- Assisting with organization, management, and prioritization of investor correspondence, including writing and proofreading critical communication with key partners.
- Prioritizing CEO’s incoming email.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in moves management
- A passion for free markets, personal and economic freedom
- An appreciation of a Hillsdale meets Animal House culture (if you don’t understand, Google it)
- An excellent sense of humor, with an ability to laugh at him or herself
- An attention to detail to a point just bordering on annoying
- A keen ability to balance being tenacious and persistent without being bothersome
- Impressive verbal and written communications skills, including being comfortable making phone calls requesting meetings with high dollar investors.
- An ability to handle rejection without taking it personally
- Competency with Outlook, Excel, and Word. Competency with Sales Force is a bonus
- An ability to handle sensitive information
- Administrative experience
- Initiative and an ability to self-supervise
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- cover letter detailing:
- your interest in the position and why you believe you would excel in this role,
- your interest in the organization’s mission,
- and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.