Prager University Foundation (PUF) is looking for a Director-level individual to specialize in Major Gifts, who is as passionate about our vision of creating a more rational America as we are. Although this role will preferably be based in our LA headquarters, a virtual office may be considered for the right candidate. Travel will be required throughout the year for donor visits and events. You will be one of our lead fundraisers in regards to Major Donor Gifts, focusing on $25k-to-1M+ donations, working closely with our CEO, Executive Director, and Director of Development in continuing our rapid year-over-year growth.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate, and manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects. While a portion of the Director of Major Gifts portfolio will be existing donors to PUF, this role will primarily be focused on identifying new donors, ascertaining their capacity to support PUF, meeting with them, cultivating and stewarding the relationship, and soliciting support.
- Make 2-5 strategic/substantive visits per month; this includes donor, prospect, or advisor visits
- Identify and/ or close 24+ gifts per year valued between $1M-3M+ total
- Tracks and manages a pipeline of major donor meetings for which CEO, Dennis Prager, and others may need to attend
- Reviews donor correspondence, including reports, proposals, acknowledgment letters, etc.
- Leads proposal writing and year-end report writing for major gift acquisitions and renewals
- Promote, organize & participate in two or more donor or advisor seminars per year
- Collaborate with Officers and development staff to provide donors with exceptional service and collaborate with site visits/ donor visits
- Develop and provide to management quarterly forecasts for production of gift activity
- Be familiar with and remain current on various gift planning tools and agreements
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of experience in charitable gift planning/ fundraising
- Rolodex of potential donors to make an immediate impact
- Demonstrated ability to close principal gift plans at the six and seven figure level
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in relation to information and documentation
- Passion for PragerU’s mission to further what we call “Americanism” and familiarity with the concepts espoused in our digital content
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Commitment to excellence in all endeavors
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks with limited supervision
- Experience working effectively with a variety of personalities
- Strong digital literacy, particularly in Mac iOS or Windows, Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe suites
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience helpful
The Director of Major Gifts salary will be highly competitive, commensurate with experience, and heavily driven by delivering results.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and 2) your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.