State Policy Network is seeking a Senior Development Officer to join our team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with experience in growing long term, sustainable relationships with philanthropists. The Senior Development Officer’s role advances SPN’s mission and strategic objectives by working closely with donors to align their goals with SPN’s mission.
The Senior Development Officer will be responsible for the results of his/her major gifts portfolio which will include a mix of current donors and prospects. This position can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA headquarters or in a virtual office.
Manage a major gifts portfolio: Responsible for developing and managing a moves management strategy for a portfolio of 100+/- donors and prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $100K+. Territory may be nationwide.
- Increase SPN’s fundraising capacity through the successful qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals having the capacity to make gifts of $100K and above
- Work to creatively match donor interests with institutional priorities
- Develop funding proposals and structure complex gifts, including planned gifts
- Prepare briefings, stewardship plans/letters and other correspondence for prospects, collaborating with staff as needed
- Motivate and support leadership and volunteers to solicit gifts when appropriate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of SPN’s funding priorities
- 5+ years of fundraising experience with a primary focus on closing major gifts ($25,000+)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A team player that can work in a fast-paced, high volume environment in professional manner
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook (advanced Excel knowledge or experience with Sales Force a plus)
This is a full-time position that includes 50% travel.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- your interest in the position/SPN’s mission,
- salary requirements,
- in-office or virtual office location preference, and
- travel availability.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream- job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. EC is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.