State Policy Network (SPN) is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network supports the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial Network of state-based think tanks and partners, working side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored by high-performing independent think tanks.
About the Operations Associate Opening
SPN seeks an Operations Associate to play a pivotal role on our operations team to ensure a positive experience for our employees navigating SPN’s new hire process, benefits, IT platforms and various HR processes. This Operations Associate will be in a unique position to work with and learn from the Senior Director of Operations, the Director of Analytics, the Director of Finance and the Office Manager. This role will require detail-oriented attention to critical needs at SPN and allows room for growth in various avenues where the individual’s interests and organizational needs align.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations and requires the candidate to be in the office in Arlington, VA three days/week.
- Assist with administering benefits, including enrollment, changes and terminations
- Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Oversee recruiting efforts and interview process; track status of candidates conducts phone screens, and schedules interviews as needed
- Project manage employee onboarding & off-boarding, ensure colleagues are completing their tasks on time
- Complete Forms I-9, verify I-9 documentation, and maintain I-9 files
- Submit online investigation requests and assist with new-employee background checks
- Manage employee files, including preparing new-employee files and file documents into appropriate employee files
- Assist in administering Salesforce and IT platforms such as access requests, user creation/removal and work with our IT vendor with a focus on fulfilling employee needs
- 0-3 years of work experience in related fields; internships may be considered experience
- Ability to commute to the SPN office (Arlington, VA) 3 days a week
- Service-oriented, collaborative, and responsive
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, can operate resourcefully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized and diligent, attention to detail and follow through
- Connect deeply with people, maintain trust, and navigate sensitive issues with colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An exceptional ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in SPN and why you are a good fit for this role
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.