State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network supports the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial Network of state-based think tanks and partners, working side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored by high-performing independent think tanks.
About the Role
State Policy Network is seeking a dynamic Program Associate to join our team. In this role, you will advance SPN’s mission and strategic objectives by developing and executing programs that accelerate organizational capacities across our state-based network. You will be a critical member of the programs team, assisting with peer network engagement, developing core curriculum, and connecting network partners to resources that help elevate their work in their organization. This is a great role for you if you are interested in exploring or expanding your career in the nonprofit space, are highly organized, thrive on solving problems, and are passionate about helping accelerate free market solutions at the state and local levels.
This position can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA headquarters or in a virtual office.
- Coordinate programming: You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate resources and events that connect network staff to their peers and accelerate their success in their given discipline. You will ask questions that push your colleagues toward strategic thinking and action, and you will take initiative to identify and creatively solve problems.
- Build robust training curriculum: You will serve as the primary lead to build a robust consortium of resources and training curricula that spans multiple learning styles. With significant support from internal and external stakeholders, you’ll map out content, brainstorm and troubleshoot how to present the curriculum, and then make it all come to life. Everything from drafting video scripts, finalizing accompanying materials, coordinating with vendors and teammates, to project execution.
- Manage team projects: Ensure team members and network partners remain connected to and on track with strategic objectives, deliverables, and timelines for key projects. You will keep the trains running to make sure big and small picture details are aligned. You’ll also help ensure we’re analyzing our impact as we go.
- Become a trusted partner with our members: You will work with a broad group of network staff, helping connect them with one another, resources, and programs. Through SPN programs and professional development, your skills and knowledge will sharpen and equip you to be a relied-upon resource throughout the network.
- 1-3+ years of nonprofit experience
- Demonstrated history of successful project management
- Deep curiosity and problem-solving mentality
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines
- A team player that can work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- Limited travel, including air travel, required (10-20%)
- Experience in fundraising/development
- Experience with Salesforce and Basecamp
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of State Policy Network and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.