The State Policy Network seeks a highly organized individual with a background in the operational side of fundraising to serve as our Development Coordinator. This individual will play a critical role on the SPN development team, supporting the SPN’s frontline fundraisers.
This individual should enjoy both the variety that comes with short-term projects and the predictability of ongoing, process-oriented tasks.
This is an evolving role with potential for growth. For the right candidate, the position has room to grow well beyond the core responsibilities outlined below, particularly into the areas of donor events, donor communications, moves management, and/or back-end fundraising.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Director of Advancement. This role can be entirely virtual. However, SPN strongly prefers an individual in the DC area, or someone who can easily access DC.
- Execute key components of the donor giving experience, including revenue handling and gift acknowledgement
- Utilize Salesforce to generate reports that help SPN plan, analyze progress toward, and achieve fundraising goals
- Assist the Director of Advancement with revenue reporting and reconciliation efforts
- Manage donor suppression list and other donor mailing requests
- Manage functional logistics for the Development Team, such as scheduling internal meetings and preparing internal team reports
- Manage data changes and select reporting in SPN’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Manage special projects as needed to increase the development team’s overall efficiency and success
- Conduct donor and prospect research as needed for major gift officers
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience; a background in fundraising is preferred
- 5-10% travel, less if located in DMV
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- Interest in the strategic and analytical components needed for the operational side of fundraising
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines and goals
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail
- A customer service mindset with internal and external partners
- A team player that can work in a fast-paced, high volume environment in professional manner
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook (advanced Excel knowledge or experience with Salesforce a plus)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of SPN, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.