State Policy Network (SPN) catalyzes thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored by high-performing, independent think tanks. We support the growth and success of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of 65 independent state think tank affiliates and over 90 partners, connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, while advancing state policy reform initiatives.
About the Role
The State Policy Network seeks a detail-oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communications skills to join our Development Team as Development Partnerships Manager. This individual will play a critical role on two fronts:
- Help SPN deepen and cultivate new and existing foundation partnerships.
- Shepherd corporate and nonprofit partners through SPN’s Annual Meeting sponsor and exhibitor sales and stewardship process.
The right candidate will be a skilled writer/editor who can craft compelling reports and updates that help SPN’s foundation partners understand the impact of their investments. They should also have strong relationship-management skills and an interest in cultivating connections with SPN’s corporate and nonprofit partners as part of our event sponsorship program. Top candidates will be adept at prioritizing competing demands and enjoy the process of managing and improving systems and processes.
The Development Partnerships Manager will report to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving. This full-time role is a remote position. Limited travel will be required once pandemic restrictions are relaxed (approximately 10%). Travel is optional until that time.
- Foundation Stewardship:
- Write/edit foundation deliverables including quarterly foundation updates and thank you/acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with tracking foundation deadlines, deliverables, and metrics.
- Conduct foundation prospect research.
- Corporate and Sponsorship Stewardship:
- Connect with prospective sponsors and exhibitors, manage inquiries, and schedule outreach calls during sponsorship season.
- Develop sponsorship agreement drafts and invoices, track sponsorship payments, and follow up once sponsorship sales are made.
- Write thank you letters to and provide stewardship for sponsors and exhibitors at SPN’s Annual Meeting.
- Maintain knowledge of SPN’s strategic priorities to understand alignment with potential partners.
- Track and keep relevant key data updated, using SPN’s data management system.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience; a fundraising or sales background is strongly preferred
- Experience working in the freedom movement and experience working with foundations or event sponsorships is also preferred
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and superb attention to detail
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines and goals
- A team player that can work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in professional manner
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook (Dropbox experience and/or experience with Salesforce is preferred)
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, why you are excited to work for the State Policy Network, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.