About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network supports the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial Network of state-based think tanks and partners, working side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored by high-performing independent think tanks.
About the Marketing Manager Opening
SPN seeks a Marketing Manager to drive the execution of the organization’s content and marketing strategies. As part of a growing team, the Marketing Manager will play a key role, positioning SPN as the leading voice for federalism and the premier connector and accelerator of the best state-based, community-driven solutions that give every American access to quality education, affordable healthcare, and meaningful work.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye for engaging content, keen attention to organization and detail, and strong execution and project management skills.
The Marketing Manager will report to SPN’s Director of Marketing and Communications. This is a full-time position based in either SPN’s headquarters (Arlington, VA) or a virtual office.
- Implement program marketing plans, working with program owners, event staff, and the marketing team to ensure deadlines and goals are met
- Manage editorial and production calendars for all SPN content and marketing products, including publications, website/blog content, social media, branding projects, marketing collateral, and videos
- Manage relationships and drive project timelines with outside vendors, authors, designers, and other stakeholders to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Assist with writing and editing original content for SPN’s blog and digital channels, especially email newsletters
- Provide internal editing support for event materials, donor communications, and special projects as assigned
- Ensure organization marketing and communications materials including publications, online content, and in-person collateral is consistent with SPN’s brand and style guidelines
- Serve as website manager for SPN.org
- Collaborate with the marketing team to facilitate timely promotion of content and publications
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably with an emphasis on publications and project management
- Strong writing and grammar skills and an ability to internalize organizational brand, style, and tone
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A demonstrated history of being able to influence others toward successful outcomes, even when you are not always the project lead
- Strong problem-solving abilities; able to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and manage budgets
- Results-oriented, with a commitment to delivering products that are best-in-class and focused on achieving the goals of strategies
- Familiarity with AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS, SEO, MailChimp, and Google Analytics a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, SPN’s mission, and your salary requirements
- 2-3 writing samples that may include any of the following:
- Blog post/article, preferably written with SEO best practices thoughtfully applied
- A publication or resource developed for a specific target audience
- Email newsletter (can provide a link to a published newsletter you have written or a document with the email copy)
- Op-ed or press release
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://www.talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.