Students For Liberty (SFL) is an international non-profit organization working to advance the ideas of liberty on college campuses in the US and around the world. Passionate volunteers supported by hard-working and entrepreneurial staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures as lean as possible.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty, SFL’s vision of social change, and the importance of making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources. Working for SFL is similar to working at a tech startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Skills and Competencies
SFL is looking for someone with concrete demonstrable experience in the following:
- A track record of personal success in raising funds from individual donors and/or foundations.
- The ability to ‘close the deal’ with donors of all kinds.
- An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and systematic approach to fundraising.
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with the ability to influence and advocate Students For Liberty’s work to a diverse pool of donors.
- Being well networked among donors or prospective would be a major advantage.
As a Development Officer, you’ll need to:
- Build relationships with existing Students For Liberty donors
- Review and refine the company’s sales forecasting model and pitch deck, providing edits or reworking the materials entirely, as needed
- Travel to meet our donors ~60% of the time
- Develop an understanding of the existing donors through careful research and analysis of donors in the portfolio
- Understand and communicate the long-term goals and vision of the organization
- Create fundraising plans to fulfill the mission and goals of SFL
- Oversee lead generation, cultivation, and solicitation of donors, foundations, and partners
- Ensure donor and partner follow up and satisfaction
- Maintain the accuracy of data within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System, Salesforce
- Have 4+ years of experience in a development role, or similar
- Have a Bachelors degree
- Be able to travel extensively – up to at least 60%
- Familiarity and excitement for Students For Liberty’s mission and the ideas of liberty
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Dedication to providing great service to donors and partners
- Motivated to work autonomously with an entrepreneurial drive in a remote environment
- Strong sense of empathy and great listening skills
- Meticulous record-keeping
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain discretion
Preferred, but not required:
- Proficiency in G-Suite
- Salesforce experience
- Experience with remote work
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your salary requirements and your interest in the mission of the SFL
- 1-2 examples of your work as it relates to fundraising, if you have them available
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.