About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty.
Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,300 events with over 570,000 people in attendance.
We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
About the Role
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional marketer to join the marketing team as a Marketing and Development Writer.
The Marketing and Development Writer will be responsible for creating compelling digital and print content that connects our donors and supporters to the critical work SFL and our students are doing to advance liberty around the world.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this a full-time remote role. A successful candidate will have established writing and storytelling experience and a firm commitment to classical liberal ideas and SFL’s mission statement.
- Research organizational-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear digital and print content to promote Students For Liberty for our online and offline media
- Proofread and edit written materials before publication
- Ensure all-around consistency (messaging, style, fonts, images and tone)
- Identify the needs and gaps of our audience in our content and recommend new topics
- Manage, investigate, and craft development success stories
- Facilitate and/or support video and audio interviews of SFL leaders, alumni, and partners
- Execute donor mailing process
- Prepare standard copy to be assembled as needed into grant proposals describing existing SFL programs and activities
The following qualifications are required:
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Impeccable storytelling skills
- Proven work experience as a writer, journalist, or content creator
- Portfolio of published work (online, media, etc.)
- Familiarity with web publications
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to balance many different projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Integrity, humility, trustworthiness, an ability to show discretion, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn, be proactive, and provide assistance as necessary
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, etc.)
- Clear understanding of the ideas of liberty as well as our target audience
- Basic knowledge of marketing automation campaigns and email nurture sequences
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Email marketing experience
- Website management experience
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter should explain your interest in the ideas of liberty, your interest in both Students for Liberty and the role; and your salary expectations
- A writing sample which reflects your storytelling and persuasive writing abilities
- A list of 3 professional references and your permission to contact them
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.