State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network was founded to support the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of state think tanks including 64 independent state think tank affiliates and over 80 associate partners. SPN works side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high performing independent think tanks. We do this by:
- Incubating think tanks and accelerating their development through strategic planning, training, and coaching;
- Connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, with the aim of cultivating state solutions that collectively yield national impact; and,
- Defending the 50-state think tank network by disseminating best practices, critical resources when members are attacked, and fighting assaults on free speech and donor privacy.
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the overall administration and support for SPN’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The successful candidate is not necessarily a technologist, but a person:
- with a good understanding of how a CRM should and can be utilized across the organization
- who has skills using online technology and has the curiosity and expertise to learn a CRM and participate in the CRM community
- who is someone who wants to be a go-to person for the users; the candidate should be an advocate for the CRM within the organization and help to appropriately expand its use
- who takes data quality seriously and works to maintain a clean and unfettered database; this is NOT someone to monitor the database and tweak it for performance nor is it a data entry person
- who can work with users to translate needs into written processes and then functionality within Salesforce. Experience doing this with non-Salesforce experts is a must
- who understands the inner workings of a fundraising team and can position Salesforce to drive fundraising data and process needs
- 5+ years Salesforce experience
- Familiarity with how Salesforce can be utilized to maximize fundraising success
- Proven customer service orientation combined with the ability to work well with others
- Creativity, initiative, excitement about the possibilities of the CRM
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Excellent business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people of varying technical skills
- Previous experience in an end-user technical support role
- Quick, analytical thinker
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
This role can work from home anywhere in the continental U.S. Periodic travel is required to meet with other team members.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission, salary requirements, location preference, and travel availability
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.