About Philanthropy Roundtable:
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic free-market sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits and values. We are mission-driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, courageous, and team-oriented.
Since 1991, Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to join the Philanthropy Roundtable! In this position, you will be a vital member of the Operations department and the extended Roundtable team. This individual will be responsible for overseeing daily business activities and administrative tasks, as well as managing the front and back-office duties that are crucial to the Roundtable experience.
As the first face our visitors and guest see, we are eager to find someone who is service oriented and passionate about the Roundtable mission.
The role is located in our HQ office in downtown Washington, DC. This is an entry-level role with significant growth potential, both within the Roundtable’s Operations department and across the organization as a whole. Candidates who are eager to contribute to the operational success of the Roundtable, while exploring various philanthropic career paths are encouraged to apply.
- Assist with the management of daily operational activities
- Provide administrative support to three members of the Executive Team (calendar management, expense reports, travel)
- Manage and organize records, contracts, invoices, and other important documentation
- Greet visitors and staff, set them up in the security system, and coordinate an excellent guest experience
- Organize and maintain Roundtable Sharepoint site
- Answer main line phone calls, transfer calls as appropriate, and proactively follow up as needed
- Maintain office equipment such as copier, coffee machine, water machine, etc
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence for main inboxes, faxes, mail, and packages.
- Submit work orders and scheduling repairs for general office space and equipment
- Ensure the office is clean and organized including the front desk, kitchen, mail room, waiting room, conference rooms
- Serve as liaison between building management
- Support the development team as needed in entering payments into Salesforce.
- Assist in special projects as needed
- One to three years of administrative or office management experience (internships included)
- Ability to work in-office at the Roundtable HQ Monday – Friday
- Endorses and is motivated by the guiding principles, mission, and vision of the Roundtable
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be forward-looking, creative, proactive, and efficient
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Possesses a customer-service attitude suited to working with highly successful business leaders and philanthropists
- Exhibits characteristics of cheerfulness, confidence, and professionalism
- Strong computer skills and demonstrable proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Versatility to be both a self-starter and a collaborative team player
- High standard of honesty and strong ethical standards
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with customer relationship management database(s) (i.e., Salesforce)
- Experience supporting Executives and/or C-Suite
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing interest in the position and the mission of the Roundtable and your salary expectations
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.