Paragon Health Institute is a health policy research institute that aims to improve health care and lower prices by empowering patients, expanding competition in the market, and increasing innovation. The Institute has four initiatives that strive to meaningfully impact American patients and families: Public Health, Private Health, Medicaid & Medicare.
About the Role
The Research Assistant will be joining a dynamic team of policy experts who want to improve health policy by reforming government programs and empowering the American people. This individual will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of health policy and the policymaking process while making significant contributions to that process. This role has a competitive starting salary that will be commensurate with experience. This position reports to the President and Vice President and will be executed from Arlington, VA at Paragon’s headquarters with the option to work from home every Friday. There is very minimal, if any, travel required for this position.
- Collect, record, analyze, and verify data to be used in Paragon research products
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with quality control by reviewing and editing research for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in data display and distribution, using multiple formats and including spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphs, and summaries to assist in the production of papers, webinars, educational materials, etc.
- Attend project meetings
- Prepare progress reports
- Summarize project results
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest in and excitement for Paragon’s mission and work
- 1 year of experience with data analysis or
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, or a similar field
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Your resume, including all relevant professional experience
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position and in working with Paragon and your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.