Prosperity Utah is the newest addition to the free market think tank family. Officially organized in early 2020, Prosperity Utah convenes demonstrated business leaders and policymakers to champion solutions that foster economic and political freedom, while engaging residents to support the free market and limited government principles that create prosperity.
Prosperity Utah aims to be the free market voice proposing real solutions to Utah’s toughest challenges. We are a network advancing limited government solutions to issues such as homelessness, criminal justice reform, education, the environment, and more — solutions that will change hearts and minds while actually making society better through the same principles that built this country: free enterprise, limited government, and individual liberty.
We are expanding our team by hiring a policy analyst to scale our research capabilities. We have a strong preference for someone who can be in the office in Salt Lake City. For exceptional candidates, though, virtual work will be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the policy research for Prosperity Utah’s five issue campaigns in the following areas: criminal justice reform, housing affordability, regulatory reform, healthcare, and stakeholder capitalism.
- Conduct deep research and produce work product such as policy briefs, frameworks, legislative summaries, etc.
- Gather supporting research that strengthens the narrative of our issue campaigns. This can be research used in videos, one pagers, press releases, and more that counters opposing narratives or persuades others to our cause.
- Manage our lobbying efforts in the state legislature. Determine what our priority bills should be and advocate for or against them accordingly.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Approximately 1-5 years of experience in policy research and attention to detail; internships may be considered experience
- Political savvy and an ability to navigate diverse interests and nuanced ideologies. Prosperity Utah is a big tent organization. Those in our network have differing beliefs yet are united by the principles of free markets and limited government. You will need to be wise and judicious in your communications and decisions.
- Execution, execution, execution. At Prosperity Utah we put numbers on the board through our heads down, hyper-focused culture.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a positive attitude, and a firm belief in individual liberty.
- Ability to travel occasionally to conferences and policy events
In this role you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Real responsibility that will allow you to learn skills rapidly
- The opportunity to shape and be a part of a rising start up think tank
- Connections and relationships with some of the most successful influencers in the state
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, why you are excited to work for Prosperity Utah, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.