The Center for Growth and Opportunity strives to conduct world-class, policy-relevant research in the areas of (1) innovation & entrepreneurship, (2) health, wealth, and human capital, and (3) business, government, and civil society. Another key goal of the Center is to provide students with immersive, research-based mentorship and to actively build a network of scholars conducting research in priority areas.
The Senior Academic Student Programs Director at the Center for Growth and Opportunity is responsible for advancing the Center’s strong commitment to enhancing the education of students.
This position is a new role at the CGO. Due to rapid growth in our student programs, we need an experienced and engaged professional to lead the strategy and execution of our program efforts. We are constantly creating and innovating at the CGO, and this job would be no exception. This role offers someone the opportunity to grow and learn professionally and personally by creating and delivering on strategic program decisions.
As our organization grows, this position has the possibility to expand as well. This could become a Vice President, or equivalent, role over time.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Set the strategy and vision for CGO’s student programs consistent with organizational values and mission.
- Set the strategy for student program recruitment and retention
- Lead the Student Programs team of support staff to execute on program objectives, recruitment, and placement efforts.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, including the research team and executive leadership, on student programs strategy.
- Develop programming to meet the needs of the CGO student fellowship programs.
- Cultivate relationships with Utah State University faculty members and staff to build a network of individuals who help recruit, train, and assist with the placement of CGO students.
- Identify and direct the implementation of new and emerging educational programs and initiatives.
- Oversee professional development and placement efforts for students in CGO programs.
- Evaluate and adjust and student program efforts on a continual basis.
- Identify opportunities outside of the CGO for students to leverage the skills they learn in CGO programs and prepare them for those opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with other educational institutions, think tanks, businesses, and nonprofits.
- Oversee program budgets and work with fundraising staff to build out funding for existing programs as well as additional, innovative student programs and opportunities.
- Work with communications team to articulate vision and objectives of the program; ensure that students are aware of program offerings at the CGO.
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, history, journalism, or a related field required
- D. degree in economics, political science, history, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of five years relevant experience, including supervisory experience
- Experience working with students at an undergraduate and/or graduate level
- Commitment to higher education in a small, focused, teaching environment
- Commitment to the development of students
- Proven record to manage, track, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) your interest in the position/the mission of the CGO, and 2) your salary requirements
- A brief writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.