About the Philanthropy Roundtable
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Its vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors’ advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Since 1991, the Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.?
About the Role
The Salesforce Administrator will play a vital role in curating and improving the data used across all departments of the organization. This person will coordinate with the development, events, marketing, programs, and policy teams to make sure that their data needs are being met through the development of Salesforce features and functionalities. The ideal candidate will effectively leverage Salesforce to help the Roundtable achieve its goals and outcomes as outlined in the strategic plan.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Director of Information Technology. Candidates must be able to work from the Roundtable’s Washington, DC office at least 2 days per week.
Job Duties (Responsibilities include, but are not limited to)
- Communicate with staff and Senior Leadership to understand business requirements and convert them into effective Salesforce solutions
- Manage the functionality of the organization’s Salesforce and collaborate closely with consultants to troubleshoot problems, authorize corrections or modifications to the system, and develop new Salesforce functionalities
- Fix bugs and data discrepancies within Salesforce and integrated systems
- Stay up to date on new Salesforce features and functionality to provide recommendations for process improvements
- Manage data cleanliness across all departments and conduct regular maintenance and reviews to ensure data is dynamic and updated
- Train employees and conduct training sessions with all existing staff to improve knowledge about the function and capabilities of the database
- Assist and participate in the continued integration of Salesforce with the website, events platforms, grants management, and marketing
- Create systems, dashboards, and fine tune data tracking to ensure the organization can better reach and influence its target audiences
- Build large and/or complex data queries, list pulls, dashboards, and export and manage import of large lists, as needed
- Effectively integrate current and future platforms and processes to support the organizational goals
- Superior analytical minded and practiced problem-solving skills
- Solutions oriented – ready to suggest improvements, repairs, and refinement; will show determination in executing and completing tasks
- Ability to work independently and complete work in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and departments
- Excellent attention to details and highly organized
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Understands and supports Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and vision
- 3-5+ years’ experience with Salesforce
- Salesforce Administrator certification; advanced certification preferred
- Experience operating within Salesforce’s Lightning Experience and the Nonprofit Success Pack interface preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable
- Demonstrated experience and strength in the Office 365 Suite
- O365 Administration is a plus
- Must be willing and able to work out of our DC office at least two days a week
- Not eligible for VISA sponsorship
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing interest in the position and the mission of the Roundtable and your previous experience with Salesforce
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Manager of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.