The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF seeks a Senior Policy Analyst to assist in our state budget and fiscal policy efforts. The Senior Policy Analyst will produce transformative research products, and effectively communicate our ideas to strategic audiences including state lawmakers and the media while upholding, at all times, CF’s values. The Senior Policy Analyst will report to the Director of Policy Analysis and work out of our Harrisburg or King of Prussia Office.
Policy Research, Analysis, and Writing:
- Conduct credible research and collect data to provide policy analysis on fiscal issues in alignment with CF’s policy goals.
- Produce professional publications that elevate Commonwealth Foundation’s reputation as an intellectual leader on state issues. Publications must adhere to CF’s policy positions, guarantee of quality scholarship, “Fortune 500” standard of quality, and “PHD voice” (personalize, humanize, and dramatize).
- Publications include blog posts, fact sheets, op-eds, policy points, memos, reports, and briefs.
- Stay informed about the political environment in Pennsylvania and leverage relevant developments to CF’s advantage.
- Work with the Director of Policy Analysis to manage and oversee the execution of assigned research projects, ensuring all staff members are aware of their roles and updated with the latest developments.
- Capitalize on media opportunities to give radio, newspaper and tv interviews to advance our policy goals.
- Build relationships with lawmakers, state officials, allies, and opinion molders to advance CF’s policy goals.
- Equip other staff for public and media appearances and communication with key external audiences.
- Help the communications team craft stories about why our policy solutions are the best way to improve the quality of life and standard of living using CF’s “PHD language” (personalize, humanize, and dramatize).
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF.
- 3+ years of experience in policy analysis, government relations or a related field preferred.
- Background in economic and fiscal policy preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Monthly stipend for health care, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology.
- Matching retirement plan.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the organization’s mission and your salary requirements
- writing sample of 500-1000 words
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.