The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is seeking a full-time Policy Fellow to focus on K-12 Education. The Policy Fellow will work on our Next Generation Texas initiative, which seeks to empower individuals and families to pursue lifelong learning.
This Policy Fellow will engage in research, writing, legislative education, and public and media communications on education issues. The ideal candidate will be a passionate, entrepreneurial, highly motivated self-starter with experience in education policy reform. This person will report to the Policy Director for Next Generation Texas.
This full-time position will be based in TPPF’s Austin, TX office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicating the Foundation’s policy recommendations to key stakeholders, including legislators, their staff, and the media
- Monitoring and testifying before various legislative committees and state agencies
- Researching, analyzing, and making recommendations on the Foundation’s policy issues
- Working with allied organizations
- Writing policy briefs, perspectives, research studies, commentaries, testimony, and blog postings
- Prepare press releases and statements for distribution as needed and conduct media interviews on behalf of the Foundation’s education issues
- 3-5 years of relevant legislative and policy experience
- Proficiency in virtual education policy and charter school policy will be favorably considered
- Proficiency in statistics and/or education finance will be favorably considered
- Ability to effectively research and advocate the Foundation’s conservative free-market principles and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree required; a relevant graduate degree welcome (Master’s in Economics, MPP/MPA, etc.)
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and public presentation skills
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with legislators, media, stakeholders, and the general public
- Experience with basic software applications such as those in the Microsoft Office suite
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter, which should detail your philosophical interest in advancing the mission of TPPF and its Next Generation Texas initiative, as well as your salary requirements
- One relevant writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.