Pacific Legal Foundation, the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty, identifies and litigates important legal issues to set landmark precedent that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, we battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion. Our attorneys have twelve victories before the U.S. Supreme Court—a record unmatched by anyone in the liberty movement. Simply put, we know how to get cases to the Supreme Court and we know how to win.
About the Role
PLF seeks an inquisitive social science and policy researcher to join its Strategic Research team. The research analyst will conduct original social science research.
PLF’s research team produces high-quality social science research to support PLF’s litigation, legal policy, and other mission-driven goals. This position provides an opportunity to play an important role that will increase PLF’s national prominence and advance liberty both inside and outside the courts. This position reports to the Strategic Research Director, Angela C. Erickson. As a national nonprofit organization, PLF has offices in Sacramento, CA; Arlington, VA; and Palm Beach Gardens, FL. We prefer that the Research Analyst work from the Arlington, VA, office, but outstanding candidates may also work in other offices or, for the exceptional candidate, remotely.
Core Duties include:
- Formulating original research plans in coordination with the Strategic Research Director, PLF litigators, and other team members
- Identifying data, literature, and methodology to address our research questions
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing datasets
- Submitting public records requests to gather data
- Writing clear, accessible reports aimed at journalists, policymakers, and the public
- Eloquently and persuasively presenting PLF research in media interviews, op-eds, and a variety of other settings
- 2-5 years of experience developing and completing research projects
- Know the principles of liberty and seek to advance them
- Inquisitive and self-motivated
- Like to solve problems, work with data, and collaborate with others
- Strong analytical skills including a proficiency with a research software (e.g., Stata, SAS, R, SPSS)
- Excellent organizational skills to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Hold a relevant BA degree; master’s degree is a plus
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality talent available nationwide, and we offer a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. We take work-life balance seriously through our generous paid leave and flextime policies. We have a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power. Join us.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, your sincere interest in this position and PLF’s mission, and your salary requirements
- 2 writing samples; writing samples relevant to PLF’s work preferred, any two writing samples are acceptable
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.