You: Obsessed with creating an unrivaled employee experience that elevates the abilities of your colleagues. You understand the immense value in creating, planning, and executing the processes that make up the employee lifecycle, and the crucial role organizational culture plays in achieving organizational goals. You are relentless in finding new and innovative ways for organizations to support their staff members as individuals and as teams, and can have the tough, productive conversations necessary for a thriving organization. You prefer working in a collaborative environment where you own projects and support your team members’ work as well.
Them: Bureaucrats, city councils, mayors, governors, and federal agencies stripping Americans of their rights every day. There’s a lot of government overreach out there, and it’s backed by seemingly endless resources. But fortunately, like all lumbering giants, abusive government is most vulnerable when countered by individuals who act strategically and nimbly, take calculated risks, have each other’s backs, and are confident in and passionate for the cause—the very sort of swashbucklers we employ in spades here at PLF.
Us: We fight back. Pacific Legal Foundation is the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty. PLF has an unmatched record in the United States Supreme Court, with 14 victories out of 16 cases litigated at the Court. We also have more than a hundred active cases across the nation.
We are a next-generation public interest law firm. What does “next-generation” mean for a legal nonprofit? It means we aren’t interested in doing the same thing as everyone else. We aspire to be the best player in a constantly changing game.
Here’s what you get to do in this role:
Reporting to the Director of Talent and Culture, you will be involved in every aspect of the employee lifecycle, from recruitment to staff development to employment decisions. You will own the development and/or execution of some projects and will play a supporting role on others depending on expertise. You will develop a holistic understanding of the needs of the organization and have the freedom and directive to find new ways to meet those needs.
This role can be performed from any of our offices or virtually. It requires occasional travel especially but not limited to our Sacramento, California, and Arlington, Virginia, offices.
Your specific job duties will include:
- Process improvement and evolution of the various phases of the employee lifecycle, focusing first on recruitment, onboarding, and talent evaluation
- Identifying individual, team, and all-staff development opportunities and collaborating with others on the Talent & Culture team in their design and implementation
- Providing expertise on organizational culture principles, as well as acting as an internal resource for PLF staff members on matters of workplace conduct and compliance
- Partnering with supervisors and team leads to pinpoint areas of improvement for their direct reports and teams, and determine the best path forward to address them
This role is ideal for someone with:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in human resources, operations, talent development, or other related employee-focused roles
- Experience building, evolving, and executing internal processes relevant to the employee lifecycle
- A demonstrated skillset in performance management, both through individual employee support and organizational development
- A desire to execute on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative, goal-driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and exercise discretion with sensitive knowledge and information
- Ability to travel minimally; no more than 10% anticipated
- SHRM-CP Certification (preferred)
- Professional Coach certification (optional)
Pacific Legal Foundation identifies and litigates important legal issues to set landmark precedents that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, we battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion.
As a national nonprofit organization, PLF has brick-and-mortar offices in Sacramento, California; Arlington, Virginia; and Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, although approximately half of the staff work from home offices across the country.
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest-quality talent available nationwide, and we offer a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. We take work-life balance seriously through our generous paid leave and flextime policies. We have a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power. Join us.
If you think you might be a good fit, submit the following application materials in one PDF at the link below.
- Your resume, including your experience in the liberty movement and relevant professional experience
- A cover letter explaining why PLF is the place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.