About the Moving Picture Institute
The Moving Picture Institute (MPI) was founded in 2005 on the belief that stories can change the world. Our full-time team of experienced producers and dedicated support staff work with and manage a network of hundreds of filmmakers and contractors annually to advance our mission by producing MPI Original Films and launching the careers of talented filmmakers.
About the Role
The Moving Picture Institute is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to play a vital role in the organization’s efforts to secure major gifts to further its mission to create high-impact films designed to entertain, inspire, and educate audiences with captivating stories about human freedom. The Philanthropic Investments Officer will work in close collaboration with the development team to expand current fundraising efforts, helping to identify, cultivate, and secure commitments from donors and prospects who have the potential to make six to seven-figure gifts to fund MPI projects and make annual, non-designated sustaining gifts of $10,000 or greater.
The Philanthropic Investments Officer will be expected to conduct regular personal meetings with donors and donor prospects across the country and to make solicitations while employing a moves management strategy. This includes being about to travel approximately 40% of the time. This is a full-time remote work position reporting to the Director of Philanthropic Investments. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors who have proven potential to make special six and seven-figure gifts to fund MPI projects and make annual, non-designated sustaining gifts of $10,000 or greater;
- Manage a caseload of MPI’s top donors and prospects through personal visits, telephone calls, and correspondence in a way that positions MPI as a highly respected, high-impact media production house focused on creating films that entertain, inspire, and educate audiences with captivating stories about human freedom;
- Collaborate with the MPI team to craft compelling grant proposals and reports;
- Work with the Director of Philanthropic Investments to meet annual revenue targets, donor acquisition goals, and key metrics;
- Assist senior team in strategic planning for key donor cultivation/solicitation visits; and
- Complete call reports and track donor activity in Salesforce.
- At least five years of relevant fundraising experience, including experience directly cultivating a caseload of donors and closing five-figure gifts and above
- Excellent time-management skills
- Superb writing and interpersonal abilities
- Entrepreneurial initiative
- Willingness to travel when needed ~40%
- Integrity in managing confidential information
- A deep appreciation for and desire to further the mission of MPI
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position, your alignment with the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.