Founded in 2012, the Bradley Impact Fund is a donor-advised fund which pursues a mission to serve as philanthropic advisors who educate, empower, and inspire donors to advance our common principles through high-impact giving and the protection of donor intent. The organization accomplishes this mission by working in partnership with The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation to build a robust national community of informed donors and partners who support and fund organizations that restore, strengthen, and protect America’s founding principles and institutions of American exceptionalism.
Members of the Bradley Impact Fund donor community are committed to advancing a vision for a country invigorated by the principles that uphold our unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Reporting to the President, the Philanthropic Advisor will take a leading role at the Bradley Impact Fund to build a robust community of knowledgeable and committed donors. The Philanthropic Advisor will support and execute the organization’s fundraising efforts, grantmaking, and programmatic activities by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors and will collaborate with the Bradley Foundation program staff in funding conservative and civil society-focused philanthropy.
The Philanthropic Advisor can be based in a virtual office anywhere in the country, but is expected to be in the Bradley Impact Fund’s Milwaukee office approximately 2-3 days a month. In addition, the Philanthropic Advisor will engage in significant country-wide travel (approximately 50%). Due to initial training and the pandemic, travel for first few months will be limited mostly to Milwaukee.
Specific responsibilities will be to:
- Thoroughly understand the Bradley Impact Fund and Bradley Foundation’s history, mission, culture, program structure, operations, funding history, and potential, as well as be personally committed to the mission.
- Execute a short and long-term fundraising strategy in concert with the President, which is in alignment with the mission of the Bradley Impact Fund.
- Assume a proactive and creative role in the identification, cultivation, and assembly of resources for donor giving plans to attract major gifts and work with the President and others to solicit key donors.
- Represent the Bradley Impact Fund to donors and prospective members, and serve as spokesperson as needed before constituent groups, including grant recipient and other allied organizations.
- Develop a close working relationship with all members of the Bradley Impact Fund team, and work in strong partnership with staff from The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation.
- Partner closely and collaborate with Bradley Foundation program staff to develop giving strategies for current and prospective Bradley Impact Fund members.
- Develop and monitor the efforts within the organization and at related constituencies to analyze potential donor markets, maintain regular communications with active donors, and develop strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Obtain any necessary input on appropriate development trends and/or techniques from professional associations.
- Utilize state of the art technologies to advance the Bradley Impact Fund’s fundraising capability.
The successful employee will possess the following attributes:
- 5-7+ years of experience in broad-based fundraising, business development, external relations, grantmaking, or role with an emphasis on relationship building.
- Clearly demonstrated commitment to the Bradley Impact Fund’s mission and the conservative principles and donor intent which underlie that mission.
- Ability to interact comfortably with high net worth individuals; confident yet humble.
- Strong working knowledge of the programs and tools necessary to formulate effective fundraising initiatives and giving plans across multiple target audiences, ranging from individuals to institutional donors.
- Proven capability to communicate at all levels of an organization from the staff to the members of the board of directors.
- Ability to bring immediate credibility to the function through his/her personal presence, demeanor, leadership skills, and professional qualifications,
- Maintain and project the highest levels of integrity with regard to professional duties and the protection of donor intent.
- Evidenced superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills throughout career.
- Experience in either a public or private for-profit company – or nonprofit institution – that embraces a strong mission and values-based philosophy.
- Willingness to spend a significant portion of your time traveling (50%+).
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in Bradley Impact Fund’s work, why you are a good fit for the position, your salary requirements, and your geographic preferences (including where you intend to be based and your comfort level with 50%+ travel)
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.