About the Free Enterprise Project:
The Free Enterprise Project, housed within the National Center for Public Policy Research, is the nation’s leading conservative investor advocacy organization. When companies team up with big-government types to diminish traditional freedoms, FEP’s mission is to protect liberty and shareholder investment by pushing back. Within the business community, FEP works on a broad array of policy issues including free speech, health care, energy, and more.
About the Program Coordinator Opening:
Under the direction of the FEP Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for researching corporate America’s role in curtailing essential liberties and developing strategic legal and policy initiatives to counter corporate deviation from free market principles.
The Program Coordinator will be in charge of researching shareholder proposal regulations and precedent to help draft resolutions designed to increase liberty. They will also track liberal influence over board of director composition and corporate decision-making. The Coordinator will work with the investment community, advising shareholders on best practices when it comes to proxy voting and corporate engagement. They will also engage with conservative allies, regulators, and legislators to amplify FEP’s message.
The Program Coordinator will have the unique chance to directly confront some of America’s far-left executives – such as Mark Zuckerberg, Marc Benioff, and Tim Cook – when they use their companies to reduce liberty or oppose conservative thought.
Ideally, the Program Coordinator will work from NCPPR’s offices in Washington, DC but exceptional candidates will be considered for a virtual office.
- Draft shareholder resolutions with assistance from the other two members of the FEP team on an array of free market issues including taxes, health care, regulation, freedom of speech, commercial speech and more
- For the hire with a legal background, assist in writing briefs to the SEC under existing securities laws
- Attend shareholder meetings to present shareholder resolutions and quiz corporate leaders about corporate activities that contravene liberty
- Approximately 10-15 domestic trips per year; this position requires ~20% of travel
- Producing marketing materials such as brochures, videos, and annual reports to donors
- Engage in outreach to the investment community to increase support for FEP’s shareholder resolutions, while also educating investors about the dangers of far-left proposals
- Write press releases, blog posts, opinion pieces, long-form papers, and copyedit
- Perform opposition research into the web of far-left activists that influence corporate decision-making through shareholder activism, rating systems, proxy advisory services, pensions funds, and liberal special interest advocacy organizations
- Work on FEP social media promotion with outside contractors
- 5-10 years of experience in writing and public speaking and, ideally, in law
- The ideal hire is tenacious, extroverted, and confident; this person needs to be aggressive enough to ensure they are asking questions of CEOs at board meetings
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to the principles of limited government and free markets
- Self-motivated and has strong written and oral communication abilities
- JD is strongly preferred
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the Free Enterprise Project’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.